“You’ve Been chosen”, well that’s some good news at last! There it is, in my Inbox, the opportunity to claim my £200 Aldi Gift Card, except it’s just another rubbish phishing campaign looking for all my personal details to use to steal my money and target me in further frauds. Research by Norton has shown over 17 million cybercrimes like this occur every year in the UK.
IGNORE THE EMAIL AND DEFINITELY DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK
Tips and Advice
- Don’t Click – on any link in an email or text that you are not 100% sure is genuine, always go independently to their website and log in to execute any action.
- If it is too good to be true – then it isn’t! It’s a scam
- Ignore – the “Few coupons left” and don’t be pressured into acting quickly, this is a ‘red flag’ and sign of a scam.
- Keep safe – never give your Pin, passwords or banking codes to anyone requesting them.
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are talking to.
- Report it! – If you receive such a message report it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact – your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details.
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisors will help you to stay safe
- To report a fraud – and receive a police crime reference number call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use their online fraud reporting tool
- If you have found this article helpful please share it on Facebook or Twitter to help others stay safe from scams and fraud.
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE