Apple iPhone, iPad, and Mac users need to urgently update their devices. Last week Apple published the iOS 14.7.1, iPad 14.7.1 and macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 update with a number of bug fixes, the most important of which are security fixes for a vulnerability which Apple themselves say “may have been actively exploited”. No details were given about how big the problem is but it is time to make your devices secure!
ALWAYS UPDATE YOUR DEVICES
Tips and Advice
- To update iPhone and iPad– Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download and install any available updates
- To update macOS – click on the apple logo in the top left corner, go to System Preferences, find Software Updates, and download and install any available updates
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are sharing it with, and certainly not PIN numbers!
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisor’s will help you to stay safe
- To report a fraud – and receive a police crime reference number call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use their online fraud reporting tool
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE