Security researchers at VPN Pro have identified several Android phone Apps that are either collecting your data for onward sale or contain malicious malware. Ironically all of these Apps claim to increase your cyber security but unfortunately, it’s not the case. Some, but not all, have been removed from the Google Play Store but those who have downloaded already need to read on. The Apps listed below have had over 1.5billion downloads between them.
ANDROID PHONE USERS SHOULD CHECK THE LIST BELOW AND IF THEY HAVE ANY OF THE APPS MUST DELETE ASAP
Tips and Advice
- The list of apps:
Security Master, Virus Cleaner, Antivirus Free, 360 Security, Virus Cleaner 2019, Super Phone Cleaner, 360 Security Lite, Super Cleaner, Clean Master, Super Security, Antivirus Free, Antivirus Free 2019, Antivirus Android, Antivirus & Virus Cleaner and Antivirus Mobile
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are talking to.
- Report it! – If you come across a malicious app then report it to Google by going to the detail page for the app, scroll to the bottom, tap flag, choose a reason and tap submit
- Contact – Your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details.
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisor’s will help you to stay safe
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE