EE users need to be careful of a very large fake email campaign targeting them. We have seen several examples of the email titled “The payment for your latest bill has failed”. In your inbox it looks like the email came from EE Limited and asks you to “Update and Verify billing details”, clicking on this link takes you to a fake login page which harvests your personal details, including bank account for the fraudsters. More than 17 million UK adults will fall victim to such a crime this year.
IGNORE ANY EMAIL NOT PERSONALLY ADDRESSED TO YOU
Tips and Advice
- Don’t Click! – If you receive an email asking you to log-in to update your account, NEVER use the link, always go independently to your account and see if any actions are required
- To Who? – Check if the email is addressed personally to you, if not it’s probably a scam!
- Contact – your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details
- Report it –to the National Cyber Security Centre using email address email@example.com
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisors will help you to stay safe
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE