Fraudsters have launched a widespread telephone cold calling campaign offering victims priority flu jab appointments for only £1.50, of course when victims handover their bank details to pay the £1.50, a lot more is taken, in one recent case £5,000. The NHS estimate that NHS fraud cost £1.27 billion last year.
IGNORE COLD CALLERS. MOST NHS SERVICES ARE FREE
Tips and Advice
- Call your surgery – on their usual number to check the flu jab situation
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are sharing it with, and certainly not PIN numbers!
- Report it – to the NHS Counter Fraud Authority, call 0800 028 4060
- Pay safe – if you are paying for something, use a credit card it offers much fraud protection than a debit card or a bank transfer
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisor’s will help you to stay safe
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE