Security researchers at CSIS have found 24 apps on GooglePlay with nearly half a million installs which are contaminated with a nasty malware. The malware clicks on certain adverts and can automatically activate paid for services at the victim’s expense. Google have removed the apps from the Play Store, however its essential that android phone users check the list of contaminated apps and delete any that they have installed on their phones. According to Kaspersky mobile malware attacks doubled in 2018 to more than 116 million.
ANDROID PHONE USERS SHOULD CHECK THE LIST BELOW AND IF THEY HAVE ANY OF THE APPS MUST DELETE ASAP
Tips and Advice
- The list of apps: Advocate Wallpaper, Age Face, Altar Message, Antivirus Security — Security Scan, Beach Camera, Board picture editing, Certain Wallpaper, Climate SMS, Collate Face Scanner, Cute Camera, Dazzle Wallpaper, Declare Message, Display Camera, Great VPN, Humour Camera, Ignite Clean, Leaf Face Scanner, Mini Camera, Print Plant scan, Rapid Face Scanner, Reward Clean, Ruddy SMS, Soby Camera, Spark Wallpaper
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are talking to.
- Report it! – If you come across a malicious app then report it to Google by going to the detail page for the app, scroll to the bottom, tap flag, choose a reason and tap submit
- Contact – your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details.
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisor’s will help you to stay safe
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE