Reassura’s Fraud Advisors have become aware of a nasty scam currently circulating on Instagram. A lot of these deals advertised on Instagram, typically without the requirement of a credit check or deposit, are just scams targeting your personal information and cash.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CAR FINANCE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING TIPS:
Tips and Advice
- Too good to be true? – Any offer which seems too good to be true, simply is not true.
- Are they registered? – Any provider of credit must be registered by the Financial Conduct Authority, check the “credit broker’s” name on the register.
- Do your research! – As with any online shopping, research the seller, see our guide on how to.
- Protect your id – Always watch out for any situation where someone you do not know is asking you for personal information, your name, address and date of birth is enough for them to wreak havoc.
- Read More – the national media are watching this as well, see this article.
Reassura is dedicated to helping raise awareness of scams and fraud along with the impact they have on their victims. Reassura’s team of specialist anti-fraud advisors are here to help members make better decisions and avoid falling victim to scams and fraud.
For further information or for advice and assistance regarding any potential scam, call Reassura on 0800 888 6400