One of our eagle-eyed members was sent a very realistic looking fake email from Lloyds Bank this week suggesting that someone had been trying to access their account and that they need to verify their identity on line. As ever when fraudsters are trying to steal your bank login details there is a link to click on which takes you to a good fake of the Lloyds Bank login. Once entered the fraudsters have free access to your funds! Last year £153 million was lost to unauthorised remote banking fraud.
NEVER CLICK ON A LINK, ALWAYS GO SEPARATELY TO YOUR ACCOUNT TO SEE IF ANY ACTIONS ARE REQUIRED
Tips and Advice
- Dear Who? – Unless an email is addressed to you personally it is very likely to be a fake, this email was Dear and the email address
- From Who? – All Lloyds Bank emails are sent from lloydsbank.co.uk or lloydsbanking.com this email wasn’t
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are sharing it with, and certainly not PIN numbers!
- Check – You can always call your bank to check, Lloyds customer support number 0345 300 0000
- Junk it! – Mark as junk and help train your email
- Contact – your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisor’s will help you to stay safe
- To report a fraud – and receive a police crime reference number call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use theironline fraud reporting tool
Reassura is dedicated to helping raise awareness of scams and fraud along with the impact they have on their victims. Reassura’s team of specialist anti-fraud advisors are here to help members make better decisions and avoid falling victim to scams and fraud.
Join Reassura either as:
- FREE member for scam alerts and newsletters to your inbox
- PREMIUM member for only £24 a year for all the alerts and unlimited access to our phone-based Fraud Advisors