There is a new nasty email out there asking Outlook users to manage their undelivered email which it claims is being held for them on their Outlook web mail service. The email has a list of fake undelivered emails and asks users to click on an action, any action clicked on leads to a fake Outlook login form. The whole thing is just another example of phishing, where fraudsters attempt to steal user’s login details. Research by Norton suggests 1 in 3 UK adults will fall victim of such a crime this year.
IGNORE ANY EMAIL FROM OUTLOOK ABOUT A FOLDER OF UNDELIVERED EMAIL
Tips and Advice
- Don’t Click! – Never click on any links or attachment unless you are 100% sure of the authenticity of the sender
- Check with Microsoft – Use this link to ask Microsoft
- Contact – your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details
- Report it – as junk, right click on the message and click Mark as Junk
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisor’s will help you to stay safe
- To report a fraud – and receive a police crime reference number call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use their online fraud reporting tool
Reassura is dedicated to helping raise awareness of scams and fraud along with the impact they have on their victims. Reassura’s team of specialist anti-fraud advisors are here to help members make better decisions and avoid falling victim to scams and fraud.
Join Reassura either as:
- FREE member for scam alerts and newsletters to your inbox
- PREMIUM member for only £24 a year for all the alerts and unlimited access to our phone-based Fraud Advisors