Fake emails and social media posts are circulating again claiming either to “promise the chance to win £500 of gift cards” or a more plausible but equally malicious of “£60 in rewards if you complete a 30 second survey”. Both have a link through to a very realistic looking site which asks for personal information, even if the survey is totally completed a follow-up is sent suggesting that you are only a couple of clicks away…… Both campaigns are fake and to be avoided.
IGNORE ANY EMAIL NOT PERSONALLY ADDRESSED TO YOU
Tips and Advice
- Don’t Click! – If you receive an email asking you to click on a link to go further think EXTREMELY carefully before doing so
- To Whom? – Check if the email is addressed personally to you, if not it’s probably a scam!
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you have to, the first phase of fraudsters attack is by getting you to fill in online forms to steal your personal information
- Contact – your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details
- Report it –to the National Cyber Security Centre using email address email@example.com
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisors will help you to stay safe
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE