There is a phishing email, (an email seeking your personal details), sweeping through the UK purporting to be from Tesco looking to reward people who fill in the online survey. Unfortunately, it is a fake. Both Tesco and Morrisons have been used before by fraudsters for fake voucher scams. The scams which steal your personal details are part of a family of frauds which ActionFraud had 34,000 cases reported last year with an average loss of £600.
NEVER REPLY TO AN EMAIL/TEXT WHICH DOES NOT ADRESS YOU PERSONALLY BY NAME
Tips and Advice
- Personal data is the new gold! – At Reassura we are constantly advising members to keep their personal details private and as such we dislike anything involving giving your personal data which is not “essential”.
- Don’t Click – on any link in an email that you are not 100% sure is genuine, always go independently to their website and log in to execute any action.
- Don’t – be pressured into acting quickly, this is a ‘red flag’ and sign of a scam.
- Keep safe – never give your Pin, passwords or banking codes to anyone requesting them.
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are talking to.
- Report it! – If you receive such an email please call tesco on 0800 505555
- Contact your bank or credit card company if you have already given out financial details.
- If it’s too good to be true – This is one of Reassura’s Golden Rules and it ends with “Then it isn’t”.
Reassura is dedicated to helping raise awareness of scams and fraud along with the impact they have on their victims. Reassura’s team of specialist anti-fraud advisors are here to help members make better decisions and avoid falling victim to scams and fraud.
For further information or for advice and assistance regarding any potential scam, call Reassura on 0800 888 6400