Fraudsters latest tactic to steal our login details is by sending a very convincing looking email informing you that you have a voicemail and to click on a link to listen, curiously enough before you hear it you have to put in your username and password. Sadly, its not the National Lottery informing you of having won the big one, its just another attempt by fraudsters to get the keys to your cyber castle, the one with all your personal and financial information in it. Kaspersky research has shown that phishing attempts more than doubled last year to record highs.
NEVER CLICK ON A LINK UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE OF THE SENDER AND EVEN THEN, THINK TWICE!
Tips and Advice
- Check the sender – by clicking on the sender to see who really sent it to you
- Check the link – by hovering over the link to see if it looks genuine and if you were not aware that you had email voicemail, IGNORE it!
- Contact – your bank or credit card company if you are worried about having given out financial details
- ID Protection – If you’re worried about identity fraud and would like to protect your identity contact CIFAS
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 0800 888 6400 and one of our fraud advisor’s will help you to stay safe
- To report a fraud – and receive a police crime reference number call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use their online fraud reporting tool
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE