Wow, the greatest living investor in the World has emailed me and wants to give me a lot of money, well he is a very famous philanphropist, but……. Yes, sadly the Sage of Omaha is the latest name/identity to be misused by fraudsters to scam us into sending details and probably a small payment to facilitate…… We have featured this scam this week because its come along way from the Nigerian bank official scam emails, this one is peppered with Buffett quotes, such as “someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”, its quite well done but still just a horrible scam trying to steal from us.
IGNORE UNEXPECTED EMAILS
Tips and Advice
- Dear who? – Ignore emails not personally addressed to you, “Hello lucky one” is obviously not very personalized!
- Anti-virus protection – Make sure that your devices are protected with AV software as it will often stop you entering fake sites
- Too good to be true? – Yes, it’s a scam, the bigger the lie the more scams there are!
- Personal means private! – Do not divulge personal details unless you are certain who you are communicating with
- Still Unsure? – Join Reassura 01628 950790 and one of our fraud advisors will help you to stay safe
- To report a fraud – and receive a police crime reference number call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use their online fraud reporting tool.
Never miss a Scam Alert – Sign-up here, it’s FREE